Giovanni Battista Pittoni (Venice 1687-1767)
Oil on canvas in a Venetian Rococo frame
Provenance: Piaggio collection, Genova
The same figure was used by Pittoni in the Sacrifice of Polyxena, now in the Getty Museum. A similar version of the paintign is in the Gemäldegalerie, Staatliche Museen zu Berlin . The attribution was confirmed by Prof. Ugo Ruggeri and Federico Zeri.